Saturday, 18 April 2015

Springtime and No Time

Spring has sprung for sure and I have been enjoying learning the ins and outs of my new camera by shooting all the beautiful blossoms and other things that are now blooming. I have been sharing my images on flickr and 500px. But, I am finding it difficult to fit blogging into it all as well. I might try to do weekly updates on the weekends that seem to work for me last year.

Here is a selection of my recent work.

Dogwood

I was on the hunt for the dogwood blooms at Kew Gardens this week and I found them. Although I think I should have hunted them up the previous week during my visit as these were looking somewhat old but still beautiful.

Dogwood2 Tree Flowers

Another composition of a dogwood bloom and some glorious white blossoms. Cherry maybe?

Colours of Spring

Looking up at both white and pink blossoms.

Monkey Puzzle Magnolias

The image on the left is a close up shot of the Monkey Puzzle tree that resides in Kew Gardens. When I saw the light I knew I wanted to get this shot and also that I wanted it to be processed in black and white. I am pleased with the result. Image on the left is some beautiful magnolia blooms.

White Blossoms

Abundance of white blossoms on this tree.

Macro Forest

Close up shot of some moss with water droplets.

Narcissus Pulsatilla

Small Narcissus blooms and a Pulsatilla

Spring Green

Fresh spring leaves have such grand colour.

I will try to do another post next weekend with some more recent work.