Tuesday, 24 June 2014

York House Cascade Statues


After many months of not picking up my camera I finally did so yesterday and went for a little wonder around one of my usual spots. Twickenham riverside and York House Gardens.
I have tried shooting these statues on many occasions but was never happy with the shots. I am pleased with these shots and I think that is down to all the greenery that is surrounding the cascade.
The sculpture is titled The Oceanides by Oscar Spalmach (Italian, 1864-1917). To read more about the history behind this cascade please visit The Victorian Web page.

Statues1
I was not able to get the statue on the far left in this shot. You will find her below though on her own.

Statues5
Statues2
Statues3
Statues6
Statues4 
She is the one on the far left that you cannot see in the first picture.