Sunday, 3 April 2011

093/365-Blooms at Kew Gardens

A few of the things that were in bloom yesterday at Kew Gardens. I took so many shots that I just went through and selected some of my faves of what was blooming. Since it is Mothers Day here in the UK. Wanting to wish ALL mothers world wide a Happy Day!! Please note I am not a mother so no need to reciprocate.

093 BleedingHeart

Bleeding heart. The background on this was rather dull so used a texture.

093 BleedingHeart2

Bleeding heart portrait. Again the background was a boring shade of brown so added texture and now it is a textured shade of boring brown.

093 BleedingHearts

Bleeding hearts. I absolutely love this shot.

093 Daffodil

Daffodil

093 Flowers

I liked this planter of flowers. I composed this so the water of the pond made for a nice background.

093 Fuscia

Fuchsias in the Temperate House. Texture added.

093 Waterlily2

One of the water lilies that was in bloom in the water lily house at Kew.

093 Waterlily

and another one that was in bloom.

Is it waterlily or water lily??