Saturday, 5 February 2011

036/365–Kew Gardens

This year the hubs and I decided we would get us a membership to Kew Gardens.  This allows us unlimited entries into the gardens for 1 year. Today we went on our first visit since getting our membership cards. We only went for a couple of hours since it was not very nice out. Windy and cloudy but we still enjoyed ourselves. They had a tropical extravaganza in one of the conservatories.  Loads of orchids and beautiful color. I decided to save the flower shots for tomorrow since it is getting rather late in the day and I am tired.

The Palm House. I couldn’t decide how to process this one at all. the color was so lacking that I went with black and white.

036 Palm House

Shot of the stairs in the Palm House.

36 Stairs

Temple of Aeolus I liked how the trees were framing this.

036 Framed