Friday, 28 January 2011

028/365–This Photography Thing

When I woke up this morning this is what was on my mind. Photography!! Thinking to myself what is it I get from taking pictures. I do not make any money doing it and I don’t think I ever will make money from doing this thing that I love to do.  If you are now asking yourself why I think that well the reason is rather simple. It isn’t because I don’t think I am good enough. Nope not that. I do believe I do some beautiful work. BUT is my work any different from the next persons. The answer to that is NO!! I think the only way I would make any money at this is if I got that one in a million shot that no one else got or would likely get. In other words the right place at the right time. Photography to me is a creative outlet. One of many that I do. Though the others tend to take a back seat to photography.

Oh, don’t get me wrong about the money making thing. I have or do try to sale my work via Redbubble. I have sold a few. My mom bought the most. Not sure if that counts. I have not updated my redbubble for a year now I believe. Maybe I should work on that. I created a portfolio website. Why?? Because I wanted too. LOL I do this blog. Why?? Because I like to share my shots and write about them. Even though I totally stink at writing and am a person of few words at most times. I do Flickr. Why?? Because I like to share my shots AND get comments on them. I also like to see other peoples work.

As I carry on doing this photography thing. My hopes are that others get inspiration or enjoyment from my work. If I inspire you let me know by leaving a comment. If not and you think my work stinks by all means say that too. I am a big girl. Winking smile 

As for todays 028 of my 365 I took the easy way out and took a shot of some magazines. Photography ones of course. I cannot tell you how much money I have spent over the years on photography magazines. I used to buy anywhere between 3-4+ a month. Because there are loads of photography mags here in the UK. Now I buy monthly ones every so often. But I do get Amateur Photographer every week. The news and articles are always good.

028 Photography

028 Photography2