Saturday, 29 May 2010

Remembering Those Who Served

Since I am an American and this is Memorial Day weekend in the USA. I thought I would honor those members of my family and those of my Husbands who served for their respective countries.

Remembering those from World War I

Charles Collins. This is Identified by the back of the photo.

In Memory of
Private CHARLES COLLINS
10769, 4th Bn., Dorsetshire Regiment
who died age 18
on 26 September 1916
Son of Charles and Martha Collins

Remembered with honour
THIEPVAL MEMORIAL FRANCE

*

(no picture)

In Memory of
Private HARRY WILLIAM COLLINS
115839, 50th Bn., Machine Gun Corps (Infantry)
who died age 19
on 18 October 1918
Son of Charles and Martha Collins
Remembered with honour
QUIETISTE MILITARY CEMETERY, LE CATEAU

 

Remembering those who served in World War II

*

Copy of achcarmy

acarmy3

acarmy2

Alpha Cupps

*

Grandpa Thompson

Roy Thompson Sr.

*

For other service:

Army Picture

Paul McElhaney

 

How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes! 

~Maya Angelou

 

Happy Memorial Day… Please stop and remember!!